1 March 2013

My sewing queue

I sometimes feel that I spend much more time thinking about what I want to sew, than actually just getting on with it.

I've been meaning to have another go at the Moss mini skirt for an age, and somehow almost two months seem to have gone by! It doesn't help that I'm so easily distracted.

First I got sucked into marathon sessions of House of Cards and Spiral (now finished), then Tilly released the Mathilde Blouse pattern, which went to the top of my queue. And as soon I was ready for another project, the new Grainline pattern came out, which sent me off in a whirl of button-down ideas!


But Jen at Grainline is planning a sew along, so I think I might hold off for now, and sew along with her. Jen's tutorials are wonderful, and so clear, so I'm looking forward to picking up some new tips and techniques.

So at the moment, this is what my sewing queue looks like:


My first attempt at the Moss mini was far from perfect, and I had lots of great suggestions for improving the fit. But I fell into the trap of over thinking what adjustments were needed, and got quite confused. I've had a while to consider it, so I think I know what I'm doing. I think I'll do a muslin first this time, just to ensure that adjustments I need to make don't throw anything else off.

I'm hoping to get stuck into this over the weekend.


I don't know what it is, but ever since I finished my first Renfrew, I've had an itch to get started on another! This time, I'm going to try view A, with long sleeves. I bought some very dark grey cotton/wool jersey specifically for this.



The Sureau dress was going to be my main February project, but of course as soon as the Mathilde Blouse was released, this got thrown (well, gently placed) to one side. I have some cotton/wool fabric that would be perfect for an early spring dress.


I'd intended to join the Banksia sew along last year, but for some reason or another, didn't. I had an unsuccessful attempt at this when it was first released, but I do really want to crack this pattern - I think it would be perfect for spring time in a Liberty print.

 

In other news ...

I joined the masses and now have a smartphone. I'm still trying to work out how to answer calls on it (why is that so complicated?! I'm such a luddite), but the exciting news is that I'm on instragram! whoohoo. Are you? Let me know and I'll follow you, or like you, or friend you, or whatever the crazy kids are calling it these days.

Have a lovely weekend and speak soon!
x

8 comments:

  1. I love your plans Shivani and I totally have the same problem as you have with getting sidetracked! Funnily enough, we have very similar sewing wishlists ;o)

    By the way, love your Mathilde!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely queue you've got there!
    I am lurching about between sewing plans and getting nowhere, so I just keep knitting instead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many lovely plans I too have the moss on the list for this weekend (I hope). I adore the Archer and was hanging out waiting for Jen to release it but I'm going to wait for the sewalong as well as it looks a bit tricky for my skill level.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great queue! Mine is NL6808, Sewaholic Cambie, Washi dress then a vintage pattern... Btw, I'm now following you on Instagram. I'm miniandmerky on there. Happy queue jumping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about spending more time thinking about what you want to sew rather than sewing. I think I sew alot in my sleep *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, can't wait to see your version of that Deer and Doe dress Shivani xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like your blog :) if you want to visit mine we can follow each other on bloglovin? Let me know I'll follow you back :) Have a great sunday :)

    http://thegirlwithacateyesunglasses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my little blog.