Here's my first Alma blouse! I say first because, I'll definitely make it again - with the neckline and sleeve variations, it would rude not to! For my first attempt, I went for the round-neck, half-sleeved version, no belt. I know, round-neck, so adventurous.
As you can tell from the photo, it's a smidge too big. I cut a size 6, merging to 8 at the hips. I made a muslin, and that seemed to fit just right, but this doesn't ... what gives?!
It isn't a disaster by any means - in cooler weather I tend to layer up with camisoles and sometimes even a thermal vest (yes, I'm quite a glamorous lady), which this blouse can easily accommodate. It isn't as fitted as I'd planned, but that's fine. And I didn't need a zip (which should have suggested it was on the big side).
I used some fabric from my stash: Liberty lawn, the print is called "Goldman". I can't tell whether the print is peacock feathers, or some kind of flower. (It's probably peacock feathers, the more I look at it.) The orange is much less radiant than it appears in the photos.
1.5m Liberty lawn from Fabrics Galore: £18 (I used less than the full 1.5)
Alma pattern: £15 (incl p&p)
Interfacing/thread from stash
It's a lovely sunny weekend up ahead - too too exciting! I hope you all have fun things planned for your weekends!