|"The hills are alive" dress|
I used Vogue 8232 and Liberty lawn - the pattern is called The Chilterns.
|See the rolling hills?|
While it's far from perfect (especially the zip, ahem), I'm really pleased with how it turned out.
There is some slight gaping at the neckline (more obvious at the back than the front), which I think I can eliminate next time by raising the shoulders by 1/2". I lengthened the bodice by an inch and I also added 1" to the length of the skirt. I found the facing quite fiddly, but I think that's just because of my inexperience - the Vogue instructions were pretty clear.
The pattern didn't call for a lining, but lined the skirt anyway: while the print is dark, the lawn is a bit sheer.
I will definitely use this pattern again. With a few tweaks, it could be perfect! I did make a muslin of the bodice, but the minor issues I have with fit weren't so apparent until the whole dress came together. I know now that in addition to length, I'll nearly always have to make some kind of adjustment for a narrow back.
So now that's done, I can cross it off the list and focus on my other two works-in-progress.
|This week's flowers: Sweet William|
Have a lovely weekend & speak soon!
ps, I'm also working on a little something with this. But it's top secret for now!